Cooling experts out there, some help please

Donald B. Kinghorn kinghorn at pqs-chem.com
Tue May 8 13:04:58 PDT 2001

Yes, there would be lots of variables and errors ...
... I've "fixed" lots of HOT 1GHz PIII machines by removing the heatsink
scrapping off the thermal pad, polishing the surface, applying an even coat
of thermal grease and then carefully reattaching the heatsinks
The results can be dramatic i.e. going from >65C to <30C as reported
by bios temp monitoring ...
-Don