Myrinet in PCI 32bit running 33MHz

morris at sci.hkbu.edu.hk morris at sci.hkbu.edu.hk
Sun May 13 21:57:06 PDT 2001

Dear Dr. Skjellum,

Thanks for your quick answer to my posting about Myrinet.
Nowaday, there are motherboards with both 32-bit, 33MHz and 64-bit,
66MHz PCI bus.  I would like to ask if the same Myrinet 2000 was
plugged on the 32-bit, 33MHz PCI bus much slower than it was
plugged on the 64-bit, 66MHz PCI.  How does it affect the Message
Passing performance?  Hope to seeing your opinion.

Regards,

Morris Law
Assistant Computer Officer    Address : 224 Waterloo Road, KLN, Hong Kong
Science Faculty               Tel : (852) 23395909   Fax : (852) 23395862
Hong Kong Baptist University  WWW : http://www.sci.hkbu.edu.hk/~morris
Email : morris at hkbu.edu.hk  or  morrismmlaw at yahoo.com       ICQ : 6380626