G98 standard benchmarks

Mike Davis jmdavis at hsc.vcu.edu
Fri May 4 13:57:30 PDT 2001

I chose to benchmark my cluster with GAMESS and G98 as a means of determining realworld performance. I used the
molecules used in the paper  Commodity Cluster Computing for Computational Chemistry by the University of
Adelaide. http://dhpc.adelaide.edu.au/reports/073/html/dhpc-073.html

The results of these tests helped to sell the use of the cluster to users in our Chemistry, Physics, and
Pharmocology departments.

Mike

Velocet wrote:

> Someone mentioned they ran a few of the G98 test jobs as a standard
> benchmark. Is this an 'official' standard, or just something made up
> on the fly? Is there such an 'official standard benchmark', or should
> we make up one for comparing our results? :) (Should we just run
> all tests? I think there are over 500 of them though.)
>
> /kc
> --
> Ken Chase, math at velocet.ca  *  Velocet Communications Inc.  *  Toronto, CANADA

Mike Davis                      University Computing Services-MCV
Unix Systems Administrator      Virginia Commonwealth University
jmdavis at hsc.vcu.edu             804-828-9843 x142 (fax: 804-828-9807)