Intel Fortran compiler

Tru Huynh tru at pasteur.fr
Fri May 4 03:04:08 PDT 2001

Hello,

Just my 2 cents about the Intel beta compiler on a P4 RH7.1
I have just downloaded it and give it a try.

But when the compiler exits with
*Compiler Internal Error* : Please report to INTEL
and that you report it, this is the message you have in return:

"Intel Fortran compiler for Linux is currently supported on Red Hat 6.2
only."

And from their FAQ

Q. What Linux* distributions are supported?
A. On IA-32 architecture, Red Hat* Linux 6.2 is supported. Turbolinux*,
currently in Beta release, is supported on the Itanium(TM) processor
architecture. We welcome feedback from users who are trying
the compiler on other distributions.

Q. Red Hat 6.2 doesn't install on my Pentium(R) 4 system. Is there any
way I can work around this problem and use the compiler on a Pentium 4
system?
A. There is a work around but it isn't very elegant. Install the Red Hat
Linux 6.2 operating system on a Pentium III system and then install the
hard disk to a Pentium 4 system. We are investigating support for
additional distributions for future releases of our products that will
avoid this issue.

YMMV

Tru
--
Dr Tru Huynh          | Bioinformatique Structurale
mailto:tru at pasteur.fr | tel +33 1 45 68 87 37