F90

Greg Lindahl lindahl at conservativecomputer.com
Wed May 2 14:25:48 PDT 2001

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 03:53:45PM -0500, Frank Muldoon wrote:

> I have a Fortran 90 and MPI code. I need to have my program crash if I
> ever use a real, integer or an array of same without first giving a
> value to it.  My code uses many dynamically allocated arrays.  Does

You didn't say what compiler or architecture. I have code for the
Compaq Alpha F90 compiler that intercepts ALLOCATE calls and can do
things like initialize the data to NaNs. Similar things could probably
be done to, say, the PGI F90 compiler for x86, but you'll have to
figure out the interface of the library routine.

You would then need to know how to set the compiler up to crash when
it touches a NaN, but that's often not that hard.

-- g