How to use a beowulf class materials?

Bill Broadley bill at
Thu Mar 29 16:10:24 PST 2001

I've been tasked to teach a class in using a beowulf.  I've parallelized a
few serial fortan codes to use MPI, so I have the technical side covered,
at least for the 1st quarter.

Anyone have suggestions for textbooks?  Know of existing class
outlines available on the web?  Any other pointers?

I'm considering: Parallel Programming With MPI by Peter Pacheco to
cover the MPI part, but probably need an additional book on parallel
algorithms and programming.

I suspect it's of interest to the list, so please follow up to the list.

Bill Broadley
Mathematics/Institute of Theoretical Dynamics
University of California, Davis