NFS file server performance

Art Edwards edwards at icantbelieveimdoingthis.com
Mon Mar 26 10:02:09 PST 2001

I'm new to Beowulf. I have just gotten a small athalon cluster running
under Scyld and I was interested in your comments about file transfer.
I am under the impression that an MPI data transfer does not use NFS. Is
this true? Also, Given the bus speed of normal motherboards, does
increasing the network speed have a large impact on global performance?

Art Edwards