Huinalu Linux SuperCluster

Patrick Geoffray patrick at myri.com
Thu Mar 15 11:32:30 PST 2001

Ron Brightwell wrote:

> > The last NCSA Linux cluster (Urbana-Champaign, IL) provides 512
> > dual PIII 1GHz, so a theoritical peak of 1 TFLOPS :
> > http://access.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Headlines/01Headlines/010116.IBM.html
>
> I didn't think that machine had been deployed yet, since the above press
> release says it will be installed in the Summer.  I restricted the Antarctica

The install was in progress last week during the Open Cluster Group
workshop on OSCAR at Champaign, I guess it should be up and running by
now.

> number to what we currently have up and running as a parallel machine.
> There are another 400+ 466 MHz Alphas sitting next those 1024 nodes that
> will be integrated in the next few weeks.

My dream...
How do you do to get all of these toys at Sandia ? (blackmail some
politicians ?)
If you figure out that you have too many machines, a lot of people would
be very happy to help you :-)

How many nodes in Cplant these days (total) ?

--
Patrick Geoffray

|      Myricom Inc       |  University of Tennessee - CS Dept |
| 325 N Santa Anita Ave. |   Suite 203, 1122 Volunteer Blvd.  |
|   Arcadia, CA 91006    |      Knoxville, TN 37996-3450      |
|     (626) 821-5555     |      Tel/Fax : (865) 974-0482      |