MPI chokes

Art Edwards edwards at icantbelieveimdoingthis.com
Wed Mar 14 15:44:29 PST 2001

I've installed Scyld on a small cluster and I'm trying to
run the test programs that come with beompi

The codes run on one node. However, when I try to run
on multiple nodes I get the following error

jarrett/home/edwardsa>mpirun -np 2 pi3p
p0_28682:  p4_error: net_create_slave: bproc_rfork: -1
    p4_error: latest msg from perror: Invalid argument
jarrett/home/edwardsa>bm_list_28683:  p4_error: interrupt SIGINT: 2

I have asked about this in a previous message, so here
are two more specific questions.

The master node has a hostname that is not node0. The first
slave node is, as far as beosetup, is node0. Is this a problem?

When beompi assigns nodes does it look at a machines file?
Should I install a HOSTNAME file on each slave?

Art Edwards