[Fwd: CCL:Short Budget]

Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Mar 13 13:15:36 PST 2001

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Familia Esguerra Neira" <esguerra at mentecolectiva.com>
Subject: CCL:Short Budget
To: chemistry at ccl.net

Hello all,

I would like to ask for your advice on buying a PC for running gaussian 98
and gamess-us jobs under Slackware Linux 7.1. My budget is U$4000 and I
have been looking at Dell computers for the fastest machine I can get with
this money.

I am undecided on whether to buy a dual pentium III 933MHz or a single
pentium IV 1.5 GHz processor both with 1Gb PC800 RDRAM; if any of you out
there has any information as to which of this two options would work
better, or other suggestion on how to invest my money in order to obtain
the fastest performing machine I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanking your advice,

Mauricio Esguerra Neira
Grupo de Quimica Teorica
Universidad Nacional de Colombia

-= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
CHEMISTRY at ccl.net -- To Everybody  | CHEMISTRY-REQUEST at ccl.net -- To Admins
MAILSERV at ccl.net -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
CHEMISTRY-SEARCH at ccl.net -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: jkl at osc.edu