Sequent 2000

JParker at JParker at
Mon Mar 12 08:28:13 PST 2001

G'Day !

I have worked at places that used Sequent databases servers in high availabilty
clusters.  Basically multiple replicated servers with fall-over and  load
balancing software.  Never heard of them being used in parallel processing, but
that doesn't mean they can't ...

Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important
than that !!!

                    "Schilling, Richard"
                    <RSchilling at affiliatedh        To:     "'Beowulf Listserv'" <beowulf at>
          >                     cc:
                    Sent by:                       Subject:     Sequent 2000
                    beowulf-admin at beowulf.o
                    03/09/01 05:44 PM

I just picked up a Sequent 2000/290 for a pretty good price, and the
documentation speaks of clustering.  Does anyone have any experience
clustering with the Sequent boxes?  Happy to share experiences.

Richard Schilling
Webmaster / Web Integration Programmer
Affiliated Health Services
Mount Vernon, WA