[Fwd: 8 node cluster help!]

nate fuhriman nfuhriman at lnxi.com
Fri Mar 2 07:09:04 PST 2001

2 things to look at. First how large a chunk of data did you try to
process. The first question in this FAQ
http://www.netlib.org/benchmark/hpl/faqs.html
talks about setting the chunk to large hence swapping  and lower numbers.

Second  the default 6.2 kernel does have some problems. You might want
to try upgrading to a newer kernel.

Other than that I would need  more information about the setup of your
cluster to be of any help. (i.e. hard drive type and size. Amount of
memory and type. Network connection etc......)

Nate
nfuhriman at lnxi.com
Linux NetworX