Scyld memory detection

Sean Dilda agrajag at scyld.com
Tue Jun 26 10:00:06 PDT 2001

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Jarrod Smith wrote:

> I'm having problems getting all the memory detected on my nodes.  Scyld
> is only detecting 64MB of RAM (they each have 512).  Here is my
> kernelcommandline option in /etc/beowulf/config
>
> kernelcommandline "apm=power-off mem=512M"
>
> I've since rewritten the kernel image on the slaves with beoboot-install
> and rebooted the slaves, but no joy.  What am I missing?

You need to regen the phase two image.  The kernelcommandline option in
/etc/beowulf/config doesn't do anything to change the phase1 image, it
only affects the phase2 image.  And for your problem, the only thing you
need to modify is the phase2 image.  So just go in beosetup, pull down
the file menu and click the 'Create BeoBoot File' option, then reboot
your nodes.