Power requirement for Athlon-MP diskless nodes

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Jun 26 09:49:45 PDT 2001

they require a wtx (rather than atx 2.0X) power supply so that's one
consideration...

becuase the combined current requirements for the +5 and +3.3 volt rails
is in excess of 150 watts... it's unlikely you gonna find a powersupply
under 400watts that provides that...

the other issue being that you're not gonna shoehorn a standard wtx
powersupply in a 1u 2u case so you may be waiting on a commercial
solution...