Power requirement for Athlon-MP diskless nodes

Thomas R Boehme mail at thomas-boehme.de
Tue Jun 26 09:42:24 PDT 2001

Well, what does that tell me?
Modern SCSI drives consume considerably more on power up and I assume the
AMD recommendation is for a typical server with probably 4 SCSI drives, a
power consuming Geforce card, etc. and I guess that could amount to a (short
time) power usage of about 160W, but I don't know how they come up with
their recommendations.
I simply wanted to know if somebody tested already tried a 300 W (or 350W,
400W) supply on a bare Athlon-MP system...

Bye, Thommy