Problem installing MPICH

Steven Berukoff steveb at aei-potsdam.mpg.de
Mon Jun 25 22:41:30 PDT 2001

I encountered the same problem when compiling with a buggy gcc-2.96 under
RH 7.0.  There are two things to check:

1) Go to the MPICH web page and look for their patches page.  There is a
patch available (patch 5597) which should fix your problem.

2) Otherwise, upgrade your gcc installation to build 87 or later.

=====
Steve Berukoff					tel: 49-331-5677233
Albert-Einstein-Institute			fax: 49-331-5677298
Am Muehlenberg 1, D14477 Golm, Germany		email:steveb at aei.mpg.de