Scyld with diskless

Robert Sand rsand at d.umn.edu
Fri Jun 22 11:03:44 PDT 2001

Sean Dilda wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, David Leunen wrote:
>

> > > the Preview Release is not our newest release and has known problems.  I
> > > recommend you upgrade ot 27bz-7, or wait for the new release which
> > > should be out soon.
> >
> > I downloaded a .iso image of the 27bz-7 version and burned it on a CD,
> > but it doesn't boot. Is it still a bootable CD?
> >
> > Do I have to make a boot floppy disk ? ...
>
> We have never distributed a .iso image for 27bz-7, so I have no idea of
> what is on the .iso that you downloaded.   Where did you download it
> from?
>
> Sean

How soon is soon and will you be notifying the list when it happens.  Is
there an easy way to upgrade now?  Last time I looked there was just a
bunch of rpms that needed to be downloaded and installed without any
instructions on how to do it (this was about 6 months ago though).
--
Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand at d.umn.edu
University of Minnesota, Duluth
144 MWAH
218-726-6122        fax 218-726-7674

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
 Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.