A small little survey

Jack Wathey wathey at salk.edu
Thu Jun 21 16:36:36 PDT 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> There will be a form to "register" your beowulf/cluster (add it to a
> mysql database of beowulfs) and a link to a tabular summary of
> registered clusters.  There will be text boxes for freeform description
> of things that are unusual or don't quite fit and for keywords to help
> others with similar interests search you out.  If my energy holds out,
> there will be some summary/stats engines that make cute little bar
> histograms or the like.
>
> The Duke form will obviously be for Duke beowulf users and owners only
> (or at least for triangle users/owners) but a similar form on
> www.beowulf.org would effectively completely automate the survey Jared
> is undertaking and run it in perpetuity.  I, at least, think that this
> would be very useful, provided that some sort of SPAM-barriers are

This is an EXCELLENT idea Robert, yet another of the many you've had!
Hardware is always changing, and people on this list are always building
new clusters.  I'm planning to build my second one sometime in the next
6 months.  It would be great to have a web site to go to where I could
find what's the latest and best in beowulf hardware, and what should be
avoided.  MANY PEOPLE will find this very useful.

Jack