Scyld with diskless

David Vos dvos12 at calvin.edu
Thu Jun 21 08:14:12 PDT 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, David Leunen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to install Scyld Beowulf (2.0 Preview Release) on a cluster with
> diskless slaves. Can somebody tell me what configuration I have to do?
>
> My /etc/beowulf/fstab lokks like this:
>
> /dev/ram3       /       ext2    fs_size=65536   0 0
> none            /proc   proc    defaults        0 0
> none            /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620  0 0
> $MASTER:home    /home   nfs     defaults        0 0
>
> Is that alright? what is the fs_size?

That looks fine.  I assume fs_size is the size of the ramdisk for the /
partition.  I think it is in kilobytes.

> Do I have to run beofdisk, or just to boot the slaves with boot-disks?

You only need to use beofdisk if you need to partition hard drives on the
slaves.  Boot-disks should be fine.

I don't know what is wrong with your card.  Are you able to configure the
card on your master?  On the master you probably want to use eth0 to go to
the outside world, and have eth1 be for the beowulf slaves.  You can
change that in /etc/beowulf/config