Help!!!About Channel Bonding!

ÁõöÎ½Ü power_liuxjie at 263.net
Thu Jun 21 04:30:11 PDT 2001

Hello,everyone.I have construct a set of Beowulf system.But the task of
channel bonding  can not be solved.My system is:
	one frontend node used as gateway,four computing nodes.I used three intel
EEPro100 NIC cards in frontend and each computing  nodes ,and one extra NE2000 PCI on
frontend to connect with internet.I use one Intel 460T swither(16 ports).And I want
to bong every three NIC cards to archive a better performance.So I use the
"ifenslave".I write the ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth0~2 scripts.And "ifconfig" can find
the "bond0" device.But I find that there is a very bad performance existed(about
100B/s).And I archive  4MB/s if I use only one NIC in each machine.
	My IP :
	Frontend: in 192.168.0.254
	Computing node:	192.168.0.1
			192.168.0.2
			192.168.0.3
			192.168.0.4
	Swither:	192.168.0.253
 	So,can someone tell me what is wrong:Can the Intel 460T support channel
bonding ?Does using channel bonding mean use more than one swither?

	Thanks a lot.

*The Center of Atomic and Molecular Nanoscience*
*Univ. of Tsinghua	|Tel.:010-6277263811   *
*Beijing,china,100084   |Title:Doctor	       *
*        Interest:Parallel Computing	       *