newbie requests advice.

Adam Shand larry at spack.org
Tue Jun 19 13:34:11 PDT 2001

> I don't know if lsf support checkpoint saving and restarting.  we use
> the verilog simulator to do this. I don't believe lsf support process
> migration. I never found the need to migration a simulation job from
> one machine to another. I'm not sure how useful this feature is for
> HDL simulation.

what i liked about the condor description of using this was that you could
put work stations into the mix and it would automatically detect use
(based on tty/keyboard activity i presume) and migrate the job elsewhere
but depending on how efficint checkpointing is this could be really
useful.  means that hour while someone's at lunch their machine isn't
being wasted :)

> I only worked on one project where we ran out of addressable space in
> gate level simulation. we solved problem by simulating the chip in
> parts.

i have no idea if this is feasible or not, i'm just supposed to build the
cluster the the designers specs :)  but i'll ask around.

thanks!
adam.