liquid cooling

d.bussenschutt at mailbox.gu.edu.au d.bussenschutt at mailbox.gu.edu.au
Mon Jun 18 23:28:51 PDT 2001

>Tom's Hardware idea of a water cooled CPU:
>
>http://www4.tomshardware.com/cpu/01q2/010528/index.html

For those that have looked at the link above, here's a few more ideas of
my own for improvement on their CPU water-cooler.

1) Take the 'radiator' from the cooling system, remove those horrible
noisy fans and put the radiator in the fridge.

2) Ok, so your computer room/office/bedroom/whatever isn't next to the
kitchen?  Well now you have the PERFECT excuse to go out and buy that bar
fridge you always wanted next to the computer.

3) Oh if you live someplace COLD, don't bother with the fridge, just put
the 'radiator' outside, run the hoses through the window (or wall) or
something.

4) Is it just me or is this WAY off-the-topic for a beowulfery list?
Sorry.

5) :-)

David.
David Bussenschutt          Email: D.Bussenschutt at mailbox.gu.edu.au
Senior Computing Support Officer & Systems Administrator/Programmer
Location: Griffith University. Information Technology Services
           Brisbane Qld. Aust.  (TEN bldg. rm 1.33) Ph: (07)38757079