IDE disk errors

Michael Prinkey mprinkey at aeolusresearch.com
Fri Jun 15 14:29:08 PDT 2001

Hi Mark,

I don't understand the issue either.  I think that the Promise driver is
not quite ready for prime time, or the card itself is introducing an
interrupt handling problem.  I have built several systems as storage
servers and used the Promise controllers to install eight or more hard
drives into single systems.  Under low intensity usage, there were no
errors, but as soon as I started pushing a lot of data onto those
drives, those DriveReady SeekComplete Errors started showing up.

I am anxious to understand this as well.

Regards,

Mike Prinkey
Aeolus Research, Inc.