Scyld: need full /usr dirs on nodes

Carpenter, Dean Dean.Carpenter at pharma.com
Fri Jun 15 13:52:17 PDT 2001

Hi All -

Got a niggling little problem here ...  We have an application (nonmem) in
fortran that needs to compile a generated /f file when it's run on the
nodes.

Unfortunately, that requires access to more than just the libs that are
copied over with setup_libs ...  I've been futzing around with node_up,
/etc/exports, /etc/beowulf/fstab and so on to get the nodes to nfs mount
/usr, and it's almost working.

The nodes come up, and are marked as up no problem.  I just can't get to
them.  Always get a BProc move failure for any bpsh command.

Anyone else munged with the libs like this at all ?

Dang.  I've leaving for a week tomorrow morning, and leaving here in an
hour, and the researcher isn't a Linux person, so if I can't get this
working now, he's idle (at least with this problem) for a week :(

--
Dean Carpenter
Principal Architect
dean.carpenter at pharma.com