Heat pipes?

Patrick Lesher pl25 at ibb.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 4 18:08:02 PDT 2001

I've always been fond of the way Cray's did it.
Take the entire rack and submerge it in florinert (SP).
Then you could have some cool lights blinking and
make a show of it.  It bubbles when it heats up too.
If you've ever seen the stuff it is pretty neat.  One
minute you are soaked, about 2 later your are perfectly dry.
Royal pain to seal though since you can't find the drips.

Too bad you can't buy the stuff anymore, or atleast no one
can tell me where.  Something about a little problem
with nerve gas or something.

I've also thought of running our chilled water lines through
a rack mounted radiator with fans.

Patrick