Channel-bonding/VLAN with Scyld

Horatio B. Bogbindero wyy at cersa.admu.edu.ph
Thu Jul 12 07:44:54 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 03:36:41PM +0200, Jerker Nyberg wrote (wyy sez):

> Sorry if I've missed something important here, but why isn't it possible
> to use ordinary routing instead of channel bonding to split the traffic
> between interfaces?
>
> According to http://snafu.freedom.org/linux2.2/docs/ip-cref/ the
> outgoing traffic could be split with "ip route add default scope link
> nexthop dev eth0 nexthop dev eth1" or something like that.

this sounds neat... does 2.4 have something more powerful. like being
able to set this humongus default route to different interfaces with
a smart heuristic that determines if the link is saturated and will
avoid that link to a certain amount of time... hmmm. sounds like a good
open source project to contribute to...