What? what? oh, no, no again ...

Pedro Henrique Ponchio pedro at ASPATECH.COM.BR
Thu Jul 5 10:52:02 PDT 2001

Hello,

I finally replace my non-function-only-under-beowulf 3com 905cx-txmn
cards to realtek 8139 100 Mbits, after more than tree weeks making
compilation of drivers, modules, pci_scan, kern_compat, diag tools,
kernels, etc with no sucess...
But today, when I tried to boot one of my future slave nodes, the
message "fatal error: resetting machine in 30 seconds" appear again
(with 3com cards, I see that and the "neighborhood table overflow"
message, or something). There is no problem with my network connection,
wan or lan. My Scyld Beowulf is based on a RH6.2, kernel
2.2.17-33.beosmp #1 SMP, 1686.

Could someone send any idea to help me out to solve these endless
troubles with my nics? Or just tell me some suggestions about what cards
to get. Maybe some witches?

THKStoALL with Regards,
Pedro Henrique (sorry about possible bad grammar or type)
South America - Brazil - Sao Paulo - getting MAD