Scyld and Red Hat 7

Mike Davis jmdavis at hsc.vcu.edu
Wed Jan 31 12:24:53 PST 2001

For a production server, I'm in complete agreement with Martin. The most
important thing that a
research computer can do is continually compute research. Flippant as
that might sound, it is the
truth. While I have upgraded my desktop and some webservers to RH7, I
have no overwhelming
desire to upgrade our cluster for the reasons mentioned.

--
Mike Davis                      University Computing Services-MCV
Unix Systems Administrator      Virginia Commonwealth University