Beoboot-install help!

Kian_Chang_Low at Kian_Chang_Low at
Mon Jan 22 21:57:40 PST 2001

After doing a "beofdisk -w", you have to do a reboot for the partition
table to be written. On scyld software, you can reboot with
"bpctl -S <node_number> -s reboot"

That should get it to work.

                    Nabeel Khan
                    <nkhan at mail.eecis        To:     beowulf at, becker at
          >               cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Beoboot-install help!
                    beowulf-admin at beo
                    01/22/2001 01:20

Hello again,
I am trying to install boot images to slave nodes... using Scyld Beowulf
installation with RedHat Linux V#7.0.
the scenario goes like this

#beoboot-install -a /dev/hda

unable to read partitions from slave nodes...

although i have successfully run the command that preceeds this one
that is

beoboot -q
beoboot -w

Beowulf mailing list