Cluster benchmark(s)?

Randy_Howard at Dell.com Randy_Howard at Dell.com
Wed Jan 17 09:49:24 PST 2001

Well, my intent was not to establish specific numbers but rather to
get an idea of "bang for the buck" factors with various hardware
configurations.  For example, I wonder if there is a way of
predicting up front for a given application whether or not 10/100
ethernet would be sufficient and not become the primary bottleneck.
I understand it is a very complex problem and this may not even
be possible.