QNX

alvin alvin at iplink.net
Wed Feb 28 05:55:28 PST 2001

Alan Grimes wrote:

> I've recieved some intel that indicates that not only is the QNX
> operating system vastly superior to linux in almost every way, it also
> directly supports computational clusters! =)

unless QNX has managed to get a large ammount of investment they will
have at most 5-10 real core OS developers. Linux has hundreds and most
of them are highly modivated.

Granted it has been a few years since I have used QNX but my feeling at
the time was that it was a marginaly useable real-time OS with few tools
and no external applications. I still believe that QNX has a serious
realtime focus. Most applications for clusters are not realtime
applications.

But I could be wrong.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)585-9971
Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)585-9974