WinNT/Linux hybrids?

Ken lowther at att.net
Mon Feb 26 11:20:18 PST 2001

Jag wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Jim Lux wrote:
>
> A beowulf cluster is designed to be a compute powerhouse, and that NT
> workstation is intended to do user interaction.  When you try to
> combine those two, it takes away the effectiveness from both ends.

I'm looking at doing some beowulf demos to try and get the attenetion
our university engineering department.  There isn't any program they
currently run that there isn't a Linux replacement for.  Either free,
less expensive, same or more expensive. ;-)  I am hoping that this will
eventually lead to a Linux based NOW system.

http://www.progeny.com/now/

The idea is to 'harvest' unused clock cycles at work stations.

--
Ken Lowther
Youngstown, Ohio