Computer Shelves

Peter Eriksson hpe at pdc.kth.se
Tue Feb 20 02:31:16 PST 2001

Hi!
Welll metal often have the quality of shielding some of those electromagnetic
fields commonly buzzing about a computing lab. Depending on your hardware you
might not be too concerned with those but i reccon most admin personell think
it is better to be safe than sorry.

I don't have much experience with exactly what kind of hardware that might be
but DA and AD might very well be sensitive. I do think that I read somewhere
that AMDs new chipset, the 760 was rather sensitive to electromagnetic noise.

hope this answer helps you in some way.
/Peter