Douglas Eadline deadline at
Tue Feb 20 08:06:13 PST 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Nate Fuhriman wrote:

> I am looking for a good linux/MPI application that will be easy to
> use/configure and will be able to demonstrate the power of a beowulf
> computer.

Most real problems only blink lights on switches and are no
fun to watch. For eye candy we have packaged up pvm-pov.

If you really want MPI there is mpipov, but it really does
the same thing.  The nasa parallel benchmarks use MPI,
but again, really only flash switch lights.

Paralogic, Inc.           |     PEAK     |      Voice:+610.814.2800
130 Webster Street        |   PARALLEL   |        Fax:+610.814.5844
Bethlehem, PA 18015 USA   |  PERFORMANCE |