Athlon vs. PIII

Luc Vereecken Luc.Vereecken at chem.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Feb 20 07:45:48 PST 2001

At 14:36 20/02/01 +0100, Ole W. Saastad wrote:

Strange. I did a G98 test last year, and I found that the athlon was 10-20
% faster than a PIII for CPU intensive calculations (HF/DFT/...). Are both
systems comparable in cache-speed / memory speed and size / .. ?
For my test system I went as far as transferring the disks and memory chips
between the different mobos.

Luc Vereecken