PBS/Scyld. Re: queue system on Scyld (Thomas Clausen)

Ambrose Kofi Laing laing at eecs.tufts.edu
Mon Feb 19 09:19:11 PST 2001

As I understand it, it should be possible to have openPBS running on top
of Scyld, and PBS can be configured (I think) to be as simple as a
first come first served queueing discipline.

I wanted to do this, however one issue was unclear to me.  It appears
that jobs are "brokered" on individual nodes by the pbs_mom program.
However under scyld, they get started on the server and then migrated
via bproc.

Does that imply that scyld systems get only one pbs_mom on the server?

Does anyone have Quick-Install notes for PBS on top of Scyld?

Thank you,

Ambrose