memory usage on Scyld slave nodes

Dan Smith dcs at
Fri Feb 16 12:30:01 PST 2001

I recently installed Scyld Beowulf on our cluster.  It works fine, but when
I use BeoStatus to look at the slaves it shows that the slaves all have
about 400MB of their memory taken up.  Anyone know what is eating up the RAM
on those slaves?  Each node has a total of 512MB of RAM.  Why is beowulf
eating up so much of it?  Thanks.

Daniel C. Smith                  |    Iowa State University
Graduate Assistant               |    Department of Physics and Astronomy
dcs at                  |    Ames, IA 50011