Microsoft Releases Computational Cluster Technical Preview Toolkit

Jim Phillips jim at
Wed Feb 14 08:12:52 PST 2001

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 nashif at wrote:

> Fact is that a windows cluster is in the TOP500 List. But it's the only
> one among 500 Supercomputers. (and microsoft seems to be proud about
> it:

Yup.  The NCSA NT Supercluster is on the list at 413 with an Rmax of
62.59 and 256 CPUs.  Of course if you look at NCSA's page on the cluster
( it now has
only 192 CPUs, which drops it off the bottom of TOP500.  I wonder what
happened to the other 128 CPUs?

Meanwhile, NCSA is hosting a conference on the "Linux Revolution" in HPC
(  Hmmm.