32 + 8 nodes beowulf cluster design.

Joseph E. Rose, Jr. jerosejr at cajunbro.com
Tue Feb 13 10:15:30 PST 2001

To throw in my .02 here, I am using an HP4000 (40)nodes, with 1000baseT
modules for the interface with the master-node.  It ran about $2000, and the
modules to populate up to 72 ports are ($440 ea x 4)$1600  (allows channel
bonding).  The Intel 1000baseT modules are $290, and the NIC for the master
is $266.  For about $4200, it might be worth considering.

Joseph E. Rose, Jr.
BRISK System Administrator
Illgen Simulation Technologies, Inc.
(210) 348-6886/ Cell: (210) 710-9060
San Antonio, Texas, U.S.A
"What you can do, or dream you can, begin it;
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."

"There are two ways to treat life; As if everything is a miracle, or as if
nothing is." --Einstein