LT: Article response

Richard Schilling rschilling at affiliatedhealth.org
Thu Feb 8 17:31:48 PST 2001

This message was posted as a talkback at /news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-02-08-002-05-CD
This is good article, and I\'m glad the project is entering the mainstream.  Hopefully, it will make IT managers question the validity of purchasing proprietary software, and think about putting their money into people instead.

In healthcare, for example, we have products that still rely on older, less effective solutions for sharing file systems.  If GFS survived NASA, it\'ll work well in health care, where we process data that is on the same order of complexity.

I\'ll bet this product will make further inroads into enterprise computing than NTFS.