My apologies for the on-going problems with the domain

Donald Becker becker at
Thu Dec 27 16:01:43 PST 2001

I apologize for the on-going problem with the domain.

The initial problem was the Excite at work shutdown, which took out both
of the nameservers for (as well temporarily disabling

The problem continues because our administrative contact for the domain
has an email address ---- at, which obviously doesn't work when can't be resolved.  Duh!  And we can't fix that because of
the infamous Network Solutions customer service.

We hope that this problem will be resolved by January 3 when we can
change the primary nameserver to point to an on-site machine.  Until
then the list can still be reached as beowulf at, and the web
site by putting the following entry into /etc/hosts

Donald Becker				becker at
Scyld Computing Corporation
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993