GCC/Fortran 90/95 questions

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Mon Dec 3 09:02:08 PST 2001

According to Ron Chen
> There is a compiler called open64, which is SGI's
> compiler for IA64. They have a C front-end, which is
> based on gcc, and they have another for f90. (I don't
> know the details...)
> Recently, they have ported the f90 front-end and
> run-time to other compiler back-ends. Please read the
> note below for details.
> http://open64.sourceforge.net/
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=34861&atid=413342

> Porting open64 F90 front-end to Solaris
> This patch ports the open64 Fortran90 compiler front
> end to sparc_solaris platform. Specifically, it ports
> these three executable programs: "mfef90", "ir_tools",
> and "whirl2f". ANY OTHER COMPONENT OF OPEN64 IS NOT IN
> THE SCOPE OF THIS PATCH.
> Tested platforms include  sparc_solaris, mips_irix and
> ia32_linux, using both GNU  gcc and vendor compiler.
> Makefiles, some header files  and some c/c++ source
> files were modified for porting.
   It's very interesting information. As I know,
SGI discontinuued the development and support of
SGI Pro64 developmnet tools. Sorry, where you found the data
about IA-32 /Linux platform support by open64? At the first look
I don't see them on references you sent :-(

Yours
Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry
Moscow