MPI within SMP machines question

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 2 14:55:29 PST 2001

It depends on your MPI library implementation. For Sun
MPI, if 2 processes are on the same machine, they will
communicate via shared memory.

I remember that there is a shared memory option for
MPICH, I forgot the details, please refer to the
documentation:

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich/docs.html

 -Ron