CCL:Motherboards and Linux question (fwd)

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at
Thu Aug 9 10:17:31 PDT 2001

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="">leitl</a>
ICBMTO  : N48 10'07'' E011 33'53''

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:22:50 -0400
From: Todd Raeker <raeker at>
To: chemistry at
Subject: CCL:Motherboards and Linux question

Hi All,

  I will be building a 16 node Linux cluster for ab initio calculations and
MD simulations from scratch and have narrowed down my choice of micro ATX
motherboards to two options. They are the ASUS A7S-VM and the Shuttle MS21N.
Does anyone have any experience with either of these?  I have no experience
with either board and other people I have talked to only the ASUS ATX boards.

Todd Raeker
Department of Chemistry
University of Michigan
(734) 647-2867 Phone
(734) 615-6950 FAX

-= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
CHEMISTRY at -- To Everybody  | CHEMISTRY-REQUEST at -- To Admins
CHEMISTRY-SEARCH at -- archive search    |    Gopher: 70
Ftp:  |  WWW:   | Jan: jkl at