another problem! MPICH

Martin Siegert siegert at
Sat Aug 4 11:30:24 PDT 2001

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 01:11:11PM -0400, Eric Linenberg wrote:
> I still can't figure it out.  It works okay right now for any other user
> other then root, but I relly need ti to work for root too.  Is there any way
> that I can go about to get 'rsh host command' to work for the root?  By the
> way I am running Red Hat 7.1
Try the following on the internal nodes on the private network (I wouldn't
do this on the master node, but there shouldn't be a need to do rsh without
password into the master node anyway):

In /etc/pam.d/rsh change the line to

auth       sufficient   /lib/security/

Then add the line

to the end of /etc/securetty.
That should get you going.

Martin Siegert
Academic Computing Services                        phone: (604) 291-4691
Simon Fraser University                            fax:   (604) 291-4242
Burnaby, British Columbia                          email: siegert at
Canada  V5A 1S6