Scyld BeoSetup Hang

Eric T. Miller emiller at techskills.com
Thu Aug 2 18:39:35 PDT 2001

Clustering newbie, but not Linux newbie.  Cluster is 6 Celeron500 with
supported cards, install Scyld no problem on Master node, check IP
connectivity with another Linux box(non-cluster) to ensure NIC's are up.
When I boot the first slave node (w/Scyld CD) all goes well up to the RARP
requests, which continue indefinatley.  MAC address of slave shows up in
BeoSetup, but status is marked as "down".  I assume the node must be in "up"
status before continuing with the next step, partitioning the slave from the
front end machine.

What am I missing?

Also, the new SusE distribution comes with beowulf clustering packages as an
install option.  Any feedback on this, or any other HP clustering packages
that might pose an alternative to Scyld?

Eric T. Miller
MCP, CCNA, CCDA, N+, A+, i-Net+
Techskills, Columbus
614.891.3200 ext. 105