how to tell when jobs are finished

Nicholas Henke henken at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Aug 1 08:52:42 PDT 2001

I think that might work--- what I am trying to do is start the job via
bpsh or brexec ( to be determined...), from each I can get the pid. I am
wondering what is the RightWay(tm) to tell that the job is no longer
executing. I think wait may work, but I wonder about the scalability of
that. Am I right in assuming that I would need to have a daemon that
monitors the entire list of pids at a certain interval?

Thanks :-)
Nic

--
Nicholas Henke