1 GHz Athlon in 2U Case

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 23 14:38:10 PDT 2001

the oem amd heatsink for the 1.2ghz cpu is still less than 2" high
including the fan... it should fit with a little room to spare in a 2u
case...

if you want even lower profile, agilent(hp) makes the articooler at 35mm
or lower...

http://www.semiconductor.agilent.com/cgi-bin/morpheus/home/splash.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0148675865.0988060982@@@@&BV_EngineID=halkkcghgffbemfcgjcfijcin.0&type=New+Products&pSection=Thermal+Management

other than that it's mostly a question of exahusting enough air through
the case...

we've run dual 1ghz intel cpus in an enlight 2200sx1r with the stock
4x80mm case fans so I image you wouldn't run into to much trouble with 1
athlon...

http://enlightcorp.com/server_cases/2200_server.shtml