Debian vs RedHat config question.

JParker at coinstar.com JParker at coinstar.com
Mon Apr 23 08:35:58 PDT 2001

G'Day !

I have been using Debian for a long time now, so feel free to ask any
questions.

Networking is set-up in the latest release (Stable), via files in the
/etc/network directory.  In there you have 3 files.
/etc/network/interfaces is the one your are intersested in for normal
networking.  The other 2 files are for firewalls and /or security.

It is all well documented in the man pages.

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more
important than that !!!

"Georgia Southern Beowulf Cluster Project" <gscluster at hotmail.com>
Sent by: beowulf-admin at beowulf.org
04/21/01 02:14 AM