From cloned to Scyld beowulf

hanzl at noel.feld.cvut.cz hanzl at noel.feld.cvut.cz
Mon Apr 9 06:30:00 PDT 2001

We upgraded to Scyld Beowulf from our previous cloned disk beowulf.
While I love it (as an administrator), some of my users are used to
rsh around etc. and use nodes with full instalation of everything.

I guess many of you experienced this as well - did anybody try to make
users happy by e.g. NFS-mounting nearly everything (everything not
copied for bproc) and maybe running some daemons on nodes?

Thanks for sharing any experience with me (before I will have to do
all the errors myself :)

Regards

Vaclav